Antibodies received in lyophilized form should be reconstituted according to instructions on the product data-sheet.
If you received the antibody in liquid form, it is ready to use — no reconstitution needed. Reconstitution is only required for a lyophilized antibody. Please refer to the reconstitution instructions on the datasheet included in the package.
If no instructions are included in the datasheet follow these steps:
1) Before reconstitution, centrifuge the vial of lyophilized antibody at 12,000 x g for 20 seconds. This will help pellet the entire antibody sample for reconstitution.
2) Add 50uL of sterile, distilled water
3) Allow the vial to reconstitute for 15-30 minutes at room temperature with gentle agitation, like on a rocker platform or rotating by hand. Avoid vigorous shaking that can cause foaming and denaturation.
4) If needed, gently pipette up and down to dissolve the pellet/powder
5) After the powder has been reconstituted, add 50 uL of glycerol
6) It is optional to add 1% BSA for added stability and/or a preservative such as 0.03% Proclin300 or 0.09% sodium azide
7) For long-term storage, aliquot into smaller volumes and store at -20ºC
Please sign in to leave a comment.