Proteins received in lyophilized form should be reconstituted according to instructions on the product data-sheet.
If you received the protein in liquid form, it is ready to use — no reconstitution needed. Reconstitution is only required for a lyophilized protein. Please refer to the reconstitution instructions on the datasheet included in the package.
If no instructions are included in the datasheet follow these steps:
1) Before reconstitution, centrifuge the vial of lyophilized protein at 12,000 x g for 20 seconds. This will help pellet the entire protein sample for reconstitution.
2) For each tube containing 100ug proteins, add 100 ul sterile pure water to reconstitute 1ug/ul protein solution in 20mM PBS buffer.
3) Allow the vial to reconstitute for 15-30 minutes at room temperature with gentle agitation, like on a rocker platform or rotating by hand. Avoid vigorous shaking that can cause foaming and denaturation.
4) If needed, gently pipette up and down to dissolve the pellet/powder.
5) For long-term storage, aliquot into smaller volumes and store at -20ºC.
Please sign in to leave a comment.